Celebrate Camp Sunday – May 3rd!
Our Diocese has a strong camp tradition.
We think that’s worth celebrating!
We are asking all parishes across DioNeb to join us on
Sunday, May 3rd
as we celebrate & promote Camp Canterbury!
(Camp Registration is May 3rd – July 3rd)
Here are Some Ideas for Observing Camp Sunday at your Parish:
- Download, print and display the 2015 Camp Promo Poster
- Promote camp in your church publications and social media pages using this camp blurb.
- And watch the Diocesan Facebook page and the Nebraska Episcopalian posts for camp announcements and shareable information.
- Turn Sunday, May 3rd into a “mini” camp. Wear camp tees, sing camp songs, invite campers from your parish to share their experience with the congregation, serve s’mores at coffee hour and then donate the coffee hour donations to your parish camp scholarship funds.
- Hold an On-Site Registration. This is an ideal time to get your campers registered for camp. If you have the technical capabilities at your parish, have a laptop handy and get kids registered on Camp Sunday. Camp Registration is open May 3rd – July 3rd. Registrations received after the deadline will be charged a late fee of $50.
- Designate an adult in your parish that will see to it that camp information is distributed and communicated to all youth entering 4th – 12th grades. Any camp questions can be directed to Noelle Ptomey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establish a Camp Scholarship fund at your parish or support fundraisers to help kids pay for camp. We are thrilled to announce that we were able to reduce the cost of camp this year. Camp costs $250. That can really add up if you have more than one kid going to camp. We encourage parishes to be the first line of scholarship. We NEVER want a child to miss camp for financial reasons. For further assistance contact Noelle Ptomey at email@example.com
If Camp Sunday isn’t feasible at your parish, perhaps you could designate a Sunday school or Youth Group session to promote camp and use the provided resources.
More Camp Information can be found at the Diocesan website